Throughout history, stress has evolved into a more prominent killer. This is because over time, it has become a continuous problem rather than a five minute spurt of anxiety, and one of the main causes of this is work.
People now go for long periods feeling stressed, and when mixed with a lack of physical activity, and little-to-no rewards or satisfaction, it causes our Cortisol levels to rise, which can cause a number of different problems. Below are the findings from a recent study:
1. Stress costs employers around $300 billion every year due to health care and work missed
2. 77% of people regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress
3. 73% regularly experience psychological symptoms caused by stress
4. 33% feel they are living with extreme stress
5. 48% feel their stress has increased within the last five years
6. 76% stated that work and money concerns were the cause of their stress
7. 48% lie awake at night due to stress
8. 56% said stress caused them to fight with those close to them
9. 60% of 26,000 workers in the US were so unhappy they wanted to choose a different career
10. 87% of workers worldwide are emotionally disconnected from their workplace and are less productive
11. Unhappy workers are 10% less productive
If you are suffering from stress at work, contact us now.